Thursday, June 18, 2009

Wikiversity profile finished!

I spent a couple hours this morning on the wiki sites: looking at tutorials, reading directions, and benefitting greatly from posts already made by my classmates in our Web 2.0 course. After much diligence, I've completed my Wikiversity profile and learned some very, very basic steps by reviewing the html code in editing.

11 editing items used: 1) internal links, 2) external links, 3) indent, 4) bold type, 5) level 2 headline, 6) centering, 7) big text, 8) italics, 9) number listing, 10) underline, and 11) signature.

I don't think the centering at the bottom of my page is aesthetically pleasing, but it was a technique I explored. Knowing what to highlight and when to select the centering option was something that required more than one try to this newbie.

I just previewed this post and had to change the link for my profile. Sometimes I have more than one copy of something open on my browser. I think when I originally copied the html code from my Wikiversity profile, I copied the code from an earlier page instead of the most current one. In any case, when I clicked on the link in this post during my preview, I saw that the page didn't exist. Make a mental note to remember this for future work.

Enjoy!
Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment