Friday, June 12, 2009

A (CM) Simple Diversion

I've been toying with my CMSimple account tonight...working to polish off the entries there. I used cut and paste for my "soul wordle" and it doesn't meet with my approval, so I'll change that tonight.

Motivated by a slew of things, I acted on ideas that have been perking for weeks and have accelerated because of this class.

I purchased two domains today from GoDaddy. Ready to click the "purchase" button, I opted instead to phone for help. Wise move on my part since I know almost nothing about web pages.

Soooo, I opted to begin setting up my webpage tonight...hence the quip above - the simple diversion. Crafty, huh? Given my limited knowledge, I opted to purchase the package that walks me through setting up the web page, PLUS they have assistance 24/7. Ashley was quite helpful and walked me through the initial steps, including setting up my e-mail account set.

I'll let you know when 7 acre wood is up and running...guess it will be within the next two weeks, right? I purchased http://www.7acrewood.com/ and began searching tonight to see what photos I might upload for the home page.

I used Snagit to crop three selected photos (something I hadn't done until this course) and selected a simple template so that wouldn't distract from the page's postings. I will have five pages on the website, and that should be more than enough for me at this stage.

I expect to use that site to organize a variety of things...I'll link the Flickr account to that and expect to shoot a mini-movie of the place so my classmates can see it in action before our class is over....

There's lots to do, but I'm hoping d.i. will see this as a worthy project for my capstone exercise. The right brain knows I'm going to create a website; the left brain won't know what that entails and what it will look like until I get in there and begin to craft.

I'm not yet sure how I'll get all the who, what, when, where, why, how, home page in there, but I'm a creative woman, so I'll let the concepts perk a bit and see what I come up with. Our high school graduation is tomorrow, and I'll have a good deal of "seat time" while we wait for the ceremony to begin...

Eager Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment