Sunday, June 21, 2009

Embedded...

Three hours ago I promised myself I'd take the night off from Web 2.0 stuff...best laid plans...
(Are you alert enough to appreciate why I titled this entry "embedded"?!)

Tonight I uploaded more Glacier photos to my Flickr account, labeled, and sorted those. I successfully embedded two Slide shows (with music) into my CMSimple account; I already had the YouTube embedded.

I knew from the Slide site that the embed code could be easily copied and pasted onto the proper page on CMSimple. It took several attempts over a span of 36 hours to get that properly done, however. I ended up googling "how to embed" and got a brief statement that clarified how simple it is to paste in the code. From that, I decided to go back into HTML, as I had before, but this time to put the insert destination within a different part of the HTML code and that seemed to work. I had a little tweaking to get the slide show to reveal itself. I think the trick was to place the code within other HTML code instead of attempting to paste it onto a blank space.

The only thing still pending is the audio upload and embedding. Hmmm. Would it count to videotape in the dark and just "count" the audio? If (and that's a biggie) I can find the cord to my digital recorder, I can upload the saved wav file for my audio. I may still be able to clip a portion of an earlier wave recording I have stored on my PC... I'll check in to that first thing in the morning.

Enjoy,
Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment