Wednesday, June 24, 2009

MeadMap is awesome!

Boy do I LOVE MeadMap! I finally got mine going for the capstone project.

Do remember, however, that I goofed and am sporting two blogs at the moment - one for the capstone and one for the course. I'd enthusiastically witten on my capstone blog about how awesome it will be to share MeadMap with colleagues in my school. Included these ideas: that it will be a great tool teens can use not only to plan projects/papers, but to use as an ongoing organizer to summarize ideas learned in a class. Imagine asking kids to start a MeadMap and requiring biweekly updates. Those would come to you as a teacher and you could monitor what the students were getting or not getting...OR you as teacher could e-mail the MeadMap and have students edit independently, in clusters, or as a class.

Pretty awesome stuff!

Then I noticed the technical glitch..well, really, operator error. I'd remained logged into my "contest blog" because I'd selected the "keep me logged in" option...so when I went to my "other" blog, I had a window open, thought I was in Blog 2, and began typing away... the header did signal that I wasn't on the proper page, though.

Time for a brain break. Can't believe that tomorrow's Thursday. I hope the audio file stuff goes quickly. That's been my huge bug-a-boo. Then I have to make sure I've got all the accounts linked for the capstone and see if I've got enough Web 2.o components in to call it quits tomorrow evening when the "contest" officially ends. I'm hoping to hit the road for my 7 Acre Wood Friday. It's a four-hour drive and I'll be chomping at the bit to unload the car, set up the PC and settle in once I get there. That means most of my work needs to be done Thursday evening!

Cheers!
Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment