Friday, June 19, 2009

Er, here we go again (with apologies to Todd Rundgren)...

do I LOVE autosave! I was starting to rewrite this entry when my brain reminded me that blogger has an autosave feature. Since I'd clicked one tab too many and closed the page, I was grateful for that! So.....

I've been working on the photo/video/audio assignment last night and this morning with varying degrees of success.

I created Flickr and Slide accounts for this class in late May, so I went to both and updated them. In the Flicker account, I added several slides to my 7 Acre Wood cluster. I searched my PC and several flash drives to find shots that might illustrate some of the construction I've completed over the past three years. I also added more hiking shots, posting some from Red Rock Canyon outside Las Vegas. Sorting the photos and ordering them was relatively quick because Flickr is user-friendly; I nagivate that site easily.

In Slide, I uploaded and described perhaps three dozen photographs from my Glacier National Park trip and was working to add audio to that when I lost the photos. I took a deep breath and started over. This time, I worked more efficiently because I used the upload button that allowed me to select all the desired photographs at the same time. I uploaded those, created captions and descriptions and, again, searched for ways to add sound to the slide show. Last night I wasn't successful in adding audio; today, however, I revisited the site and was successful. Yippee!!!

Because I had uploaded my introductory video to YouTube, I elected to keep that account as my video account. I wanted to introduce the class to a solar flashlight made and sold by bogolight.com. One cool thing about the second model of this light is that the improvements were made possible due to collaboration between a grant and Innocentive; this YouTube video chronicles that event. My second and third videos on YouTube feature light from my bogolight and a yellow legal pad enscripted with "bogolight.com" 1 for U, 1 for the good. I filmed the first bogolight clip in my bathroom last night so I could start the video without light and add the light emitted by the solar flashlight. I had trouble uploading that last night (operator error!) and created a second video this morning around 5:30 before the morning light crept in. After discovering that I needed up upload from YouTube instead of initiating that from my webcam, I successfully uploaded the videos. While the videos would never win awards, the concept does, so just introducing you to bogolights and Innocentive will be my reward to you.

I have audio accounts at soundboard.com and Audiofarm.org. I added a photo to my soundboard account and have been able to l0g into that. When I linked that here and tested it, I was logged into the account, so I've taken that link off. I'm not certain if I accessed that link from another computer if the viewer would be logged in, but it didn't seem prudent to leave open access to that account. Logging in successfully hasn't been the case for my audiofarm account. Although I have an account under "Anneashiker," I haven't been able to log in, even after requesting a new password and using that.

I have some digital wave recordings saved on my PC, but they are from work I did with neurolinguistic reprogramming two years ago and far too lengthy to upload. If I can find the connecting cord to upload some shorter pieces, that might work for this class. I went to freesound.org, logged into my freesound account, and downloaded two bits to mash into my website. The first, a cheering crowd; the second, guitar licks. I've pasted the latter into CMSimple but don't yet know how to get it to play there automatically.

Sooo, I've created the requested account types and am stuck on implementing the audio portion independently of video and photos.

All in all, I've cleared a good many hurdles, so I'm pleased with my progress this morning! Time flies when one's working to complete Web 2.0 assignments! Another six hours gone by quickly!!!

Enjoy,
Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment