Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Friday, 3 July - organizing on site

Although it's been over five days since Harold and I tackled the carport last Friday, I will still be able to list a good many of the things we accomplished in the four hours we worked together on my 7 Acre Wood 3 July.

Of primary importance was bringing some organization to the carport. There's still a bit of disarray, so a photo won't be forthcoming (until I've done a bit more work), but we made great headway as H installed a third shelf/tool rack in the middle of the carport. Dad had given me a packet of assorted plastic coated hooks the Saturday I departed for Virginia, and those are now holding my weed eater, gardening tools, and a variety of other implements that were heretofor scattered about or clustered in the corner. Two ladders now have places to rest, and paint, oil, chemicals, and lubricants have their spots on the shelves.

We hung the shelf in the laundry closet (which may eventually have water) and I learned a bit about my new Ryobi drill and the Stanley screw drivers/drill bits Dad gave me last spring. We moved a few items in the wood rack, so the riding and push lawn mowers now have a place to live...

Battery maintenance, garden weeding, a bit of sorting, and visiting with friends brought the day to a close... Things are looking better on my 7 Acre Wood, slowly but surely.

No comments:

Post a Comment