Thursday, July 9, 2009

4 July - a day of freedom

I detest painting, so on Saturday the 4th, as I primed the shelves and computer desk inside the Palace, I kept reminding myself that I was grateful to live in a country where a single woman could own and have the opportunity to maintain 7 acres in a beautiful area in Virginia. I spent perhaps six hours preparing, priming, and painting, and by seven, I'd decided I'd had as much fun as I wanted with a paint brush in my hand...

After getting cleaned up, I headed to visit neighbors and had a delightful late-night dinner of pork, white beans, cole slaw, lima beans, homemade bread, and peach cake. Mmmmm! There's nothing quite like ending an evening with friends to know one is blessed. Many thanks to Danny, Tim, Penny, Buddy, Diz, Jean, and Leslie for sharing the evening with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment