Saturday, September 12, 2009

Summer Zoomed By!

Somehow the summer zipped through, blessing me with laughter, good friends, and several 7 Acre Wood visitors along the way. I've neglected this blog, but not life.

Joyful summer events included these:
  • hosting a "thank you" gathering for over 30 friends and workers who supported me in my 2008-2009 efforts to erect and convert the 20x25 foot metal building dubbed "The Ark" into living space;
  • sharing my 7 Acre Wood with three friends and two relatives who came and spent days with me in Virginia;
  • planting butterfly bushes, mums, irises, and wildflowers on my property;
  • (finally) erecting two blue bird houses;
  • moseying around my 7 Acre Wood, doing nothing except appreciating the sights and sounds;
  • visiting locally with friends and neighbors;
  • walking the dogs with nearby friends, Harold and Leslie;
  • mowing the roughly 4 acres of cleared land with my trusty Toro self-propelled mower and my "almost new" riding lawn mower (decadent!);
  • cooking on my new gas grill (mmmmm!)
  • planting, tending, and harvesting a wonderful summer garden with nearby best friends, Harold, Leslie, and Diz;
  • enjoying "Ordinary People" as an outdoor play with friends Bruce and Elizabeth near Staunton, Virginia;
  • visiting friends in Charlotte, NC and in Staunton during the summer;
  • visiting family in NC;
  • having my sister Patty and brother-in-law, Ron, come to see my place for the first time!
  • taking photos of the moon-lit sky at night so as to celebrate how my mountains look in the distance;
  • taking photos of the grey-fox scat to confirm the depositor's identity;
  • delighting in seeing the grey fox as he traveled quickly along the road as I returned to my 7 Acre Wood late one evening;
  • eating scrumptious meals brought to me by a neighbor Richie who cooks great green beans and delights in sharing extra food;
  • soaking in the hot springs at Warm Springs' Jefferson Pools;
  • visiting and eating with Tim, Penny, Danny, and the crew, especially for Saturday-night dinners!
I hope each of you celebrated many wonderful moments with family and friends over the summer months!
Enjoy, Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment